Sunday 25 September 2011

I make a big decision today

My mind keep on thinking and planning for my next trip, Galapagos, Canary Island (Spain), Bora Bora, Palau...  I love to snorkel among beautiful marine life in deep blue sea.  I keep on checking these places and found out the air ticket to these exotic island cost me a lot.  Finally I met a friend's friend 16 September, she told me about Solomon Island.  Since then, I was attracted by Solomon Island although my friend told me only air ticket cost me RM 7800 to arrive Honiara (capital of Solomon).

The island is so natural especially Tetepare Island, so wild without electricity, water and flush toilet.  Even they have snakes in the eco lodge ( I hate snakes a lot ) I also don't mind.  I hope to swim with dugong and dolphin in the Coral Sea, South Pacific.  It has A total of 73 bird species, 24 reptile, four frog and 13 mammal species have been recorded including several rare and endemic species. And scientists are still discovering new species on Tetepare. In recent years, researchers discovered three new species of fish, one new fish genera and one potential new fish family in the freshwater rivers that wend through the forest, beneath the towering canopies of Tetepare’s banyan trees.

This is my paradise although I need to pay so much to witness the beauty of nature and live in such a traditional way without any amenities.  The most important is I may be sleeping with the animal I scared most - snake, I still want to visit Tetepare, for sure.  I know the money to pay for my 14 days in Solomon is equivalent with my 30 days Europe trip plus buying branded handbag, I think I will still chose to stay close to nature in Solomon.  I think I have chosen Solomon.

Travel-Tetepare
Tetepare Island, Solomon



Kids in Tetepare Island

Why I drop Galapagos?  Off course I like to swim with penguin and sea lion in the water, and yet Galapagos is the only place where I have a chance to swim with these 2 animals.  This is because Galapagos is in South America, if I go to Galapagos, I will add in Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Atacama Desert, Nazca Line and so on.  I afraid time is not enough.

After searching, Canary Island is normal, nothing attract me.

Bora Bora overprice and I think a lot of coral dead due to over tourism.

Left only Palau and Solomon, Palau is too tourism as a lot of Taiwanese go there, I don't think they will protect the area well.  So only Solomon without lots of tourist.

Beside this, I also hand in my transfer form to change school. The main reason is my headmistress until now still haven't sign my Kenya Tanzania form.  I don't know the reason, as I only go there for 3 weeks.  I left 1 week holiday start and 2 weeks before school holiday end for the school.  Last year she said I went for Antarctica immediately started holidays, so she refuse to sign, now why?

Travel is my passion and my life , I won't let her ruin my life.  I choose to leave my beloved Phor Tay instead.





2 comments:

  1. 陈老师。。。支持你的决定 :) follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 谢谢你的鼓励,我也认为离开是最好的方法。有机会,会向你讨教如何编排此部落格

    ReplyDelete